It is acquisition time! Last week it was Exact Target and Salesforce, IBM acquiring Softlayer. Today Google are chasing Waze. I need to get registered on Crunchbase smartish.
At Websand is a software as a service platform that helps clients to get the most from their customer data. To drive relevance, retention and growth from their existing customer base. Get in touch and start creating smarter business growth.
www.websand.co.uk | @websand | 0191.4661190
On Wednesday I was sitting in the Address Hotel in Dubai Mall, waiting for a meeting, reading the FT (Middle East Edition), drinking some Caramel / Toffee Tea (I am English, and it was the afternoon). As u do..
An article entitled ‘Strategies for playing at War’ written by Jan Cienski has caught my attention, it’s about a clever chap called Victor Kislyi and his Belarus based Wargaming.net, which is one of the fastest growing games developers in the World.
The key to it’s success has been the online game - ‘World of Tanks’. Here is why…
1. Relevance - while everyone else focused on Orcs, Elves and Wizards, they stuck to what they knew best. Tanks. Because, they thought Tanks are cool, very popular in Russia, every town has a Tank monument. It also provides a point of difference in a competitive market, makes it locally relevant.
2. Business Model - when they launched completely online with a mix of free and power-up pay models (a bit like Zynga but with heavy artillery). Play for free, or pay to power-up.
3. Retention - 1 in 4 pay to powerup, and that is powerful retention tool to keep playing (and paying). Peter Warman, from Newzoo (a games market analyst) was quoted as ‘they extract money faster than any other multi player online game’
4. Focus on data - they provide a game, but they are a data driven business. They recognise that. Those that play, 60 million of them, 20 million play regularly. The balance between paying and non paying players is a fine line. Over 20 statistians are employed to review the data daily, and provide the analysis to drive the decisions that make sure the balance is retained’ “It is very easy to ruin the economy because of a few bad decisions”
5. Growth - have you heard of it yet? Popularity is expected to drive growth in US and Asia.
Not sure if the story is widely accessible as I am reading the Middle East edition and the FT is behind a pay gateway usually, but hope you found this as useful as I did (if you got this far).
Who is Saul Gowens?
Saul is the founder and Sultan of Websand and has over 15 years experience helping clients around the world build loyalty with their customers.
What is websand?
At Websand we help clients to get the most from their customer data. To drive relevance, retention and growth from their existing customer base. Get in touch and start creating smarter business growth.
www.websand.co.uk | @websand | 0191.4661190
Whilst not universally acclaimed at the launch, I spotted this interesting snippet of news related to the Xbox related patents. It suggest the potential for credits and rewards to be offered to players/users/customers based on active engagement or interactivity through the kinect. As a provider of loyalty consultancy this opens a whole new area of potential for reward and recognition content. From a consumer skeptic is this the potential extreme of carrot based marketing hypnosis?
The answer will be found somewhere in the middle ground, with providers creating cool and innovative ways of engagement that customers/players/users will be more than happy to be rewarded for.
Question for you, reader is, if I gave you this powerful tool what would you use it to achieve? Remember now, with great power comes great responsibility.
Answers on a postcard or stamped addressed envelope to websand.co.uk
Thanks for reading
Sultan of Websand @websand | websand.co.uk
Having issues putting your marketing plans into action?
This article from our friends at Local Business Partners is worth a read. If you have this problem, then please get in touch as Websand is designed as tool to put your plans into action.
We have one or two places left on the seminar tomorrow sign up at www.websand.co.uk/contact
thanks for your time
email@example.com | www.websand.co.uk| 0191.4661190 | @websand
Obviously, I agree. However, it’s late so consider this an important bookmark and something I need to read again and in detail before commenting!
Data crunching, common sense and recognition of actual talent are being applied to save football.
A sidebar from the Qatar 2022 world cup win and financial fairplay is that football clubs and owners are seeking out ways to avoid a overpaid ‘sticky footballers’ on mucho mucho immovable gracias contracts. The return of the incentive driven pay structure could be on the way. Take a read, it’s good stuff honest.
Thanks for reading, and if you are interested in unlocking the power of the data hidden in your business please join us for our next ‘Getting the most from your customer data’ seminar in Newcastle on 23 May. See www.websand.co.uk/contact for more details/
Come join us at Clavering House, Newcastle, NE1 3NG on Friday 10 May @ 8:45am-10am
In this seminar we’ll explain how you can get more value from your customer data and provide some suggestions on how you are able to put this into practice, using real life case studies.
visit websand.eventbrite.co.uk to register.
The best ones are the ones that match cool with relevance. Divorce lawyer is fantastic.
Two questions remain…
Which is your favourite.
Are you happy with your business cards?
@websand | websand.co.uk